Hi, I’m Julie. And I’m a Oncerholic.
Ever since the Season 4 finale two weeks ago, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about the folks in Storybrooke, and the Enchanted Forest, and all the realms in between. Now let me put all my cards on the table: I take some fictional stories way too seriously in some people’s opinion. I’m a geek, I’m a shipper, I’m a trivia nut, and I’m a cosplayer. When I get into something I. GET. INTO. SOMETHING. But that’s ok. Emma said so.
I’m kinda emotionally wonky right now.
It’s bad enough that I’m a CaptainSwan shipper, but I’m also so wrapped up in everyone else! Ugh, it’s like my family went on vacation to Paris and left me behind.
I do take comfort in knowing that I’m not the only one who feels like this. Thankfully the internet has given me a place to lay my head.
It’s made me realize that the stress and sadness of doing without Once Upon a Time can be made easier on all of us if we stick together and keep ourselves occupied in the interim.
I’ve come up with a list of activities we can do together to take comfort in the solidarity of our love and yearning for OUAT. Hopefully these projects and ideas will carry us through this wasteland of a summer til we arrive on that special Sunday night this fall at 8/7 Central. Or at least occupy us til the end of the week. And since we don’t have an episode to recap every Sunday, I’ll be posting sneak-peeks, rumors, news, and OUAT related tidbits to tide us over. And also probably fanfic.
Here are ten activities that I hope you find as fun as I did!
1. Bake some apple turnovers. Poison optional.
2. Sword fight with your own easy-to-make DIY swords!
3. Spend a day without modern conveniences to commune with your friends in the other realms. No lights, no running water. No drive thru. No CARS! No TVs, DVDs, CDs —
4. Eat Like a Pirate Day! Salted meat, black bread, prawns, and RUM. Oh, don’t forget the limes! Don’t wanna get scurvy!
5. COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS. That’s me and my husband at the Central Coast Comic Con in Ventura, CA. I was actually pregnant. I thoroughly regret not getting picture of our baby in a hollowed out tree later.
Impersonate your half-sister’s boyfriend’s dead wife! No, no, don’t do that, actually.
7. Make yourself a heart in a box. If you’re extra talented, put a pulsing LED light inside to make it glow.
8. Ask your grandparents or the nearest hipster if they have any old Polaroid cameras and film lying around. Work a little magic of your own! I have absolutely done this, and it works, and it’s awesome!
9. Hold a Once Upon a Time Party. This is by far my favorite set of food, decorations, and favors. Forget searching Pinterest, this blog had the most achievable ideas.
10. Get cholera. Just kidding. The Enchanted Forest has been referred to more than once as a place where everything tries to kill you. In honor of the crappy health care of that realm, take your vitamins.
Between the Summer break and mid-season hiatus, it’s a wonder we don’t go nuts waiting!
It’s okay to be mad. This is a rough time we’re going through.
Other days, even the most hopeful amongst us will give zero effs.
Just remember to stick together. In times of hardship, friends are invaluable.
Maybe have a drink with a fellow Oncer to pass the time and commiserate.
And in the end, keep a smile on your face and remember the good times. There are more waiting for us in Season 5.
What are some things you’ll do to pass the time and ease the pain while you wait for September to roll back around?
What story line are you looking forward to most for Season 5?
Here are some poorly organized citations for marginal legality.
- All of this belongs to ABC