Jaunt, a start-up company pioneering in the field of cinematic virtual reality (VR), announced today the launch of NEO, a series of professional-grade camera systems specifically designed for capturing fully immersive, 360-degree cinematic VR experiences.
The NEO system will include the following features:
- High quality, high resolution, full 360° capture
- Custom optics specifically designed for 3D light-field capture
- Large format sensors with superior low-light performance
- High dynamic range (HDR) imaging
- Fully synchronized global shutter sensor array
- Time-lapse and high frame-rate capture
- Compact and weatherproof form factor
- Stunning 360 degree industrial design by LUNAR
- Extensive tool set for configuration, rendering, and asset management
Arthur van Hoff, co-founder and CTO of Jaunt, spoke briefly about this news in their official press release:
“NEO is the culmination of several years of research, its image quality and ease-of-use will allow creatives to focus on producing awesome content without the complexity of cameras built from off-the-shelf components not designed for VR.”
The first “NEO” camera systems will be available solely to Jaunt’s partners this August. They promise to increase production later this year.
Jaunt was founded in 2013 and is the leading developer of the hardware, software, tools, and applications to enable cinematic VR. They work with content creators, gifting and training them in the power of virtual reality. They are headquartered in Palo Alto, California, but the company also works in Los Angeles, where they produce branded and original VR content.