After the success of last year’s competition, Her Universe and Hot Topic are teaming up again at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego (San Diego Comic-Con) for their “Geek Couture” fashion show and design competition. The show will be held on July 9, 2015 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel in San Diego.
“We’re thrilled to announce The Her Universe Fashion Show is coming back to San Diego Comic-Con 2015. I can’t wait to see the designs submitted this year. It’s going to be impossible to choose only 25 designers to compete in this year’s show. SDCC brings together a pool of incredible talent!”
– Ashley Eckstein, Founder of Her Universe
“The success of last year’s fashion show highlighted the unique opportunity to directly engage fans in what is clearly a labor of love. We are excited to welcome Ashley and The Her Universe Fashion Show back for what is sure to be another fun and exciting event.”
– David Glanzer, Director of Marketing and Public Relations for Comic-Con
During the submission period (which opened on April 8, 2015), potential contestants over 18 years of age can submit their designs for consideration and entry into the fashion show. The deadline for submissions is April 22, 2015, and a field of 25 lucky contestants will be chosen and announced by April 28, 2015 to compete in the fashion show. Two top winners will be selected at the fashion show; one by the judges panel, the other by the audience. Last year’s winners, Amy Beth Christenson and Andrew MacLaine, will have their exclusive Marvel Avengers Collection hit Hot Topic stores and hottopic.com this May!
“The Avengers fashion collection designed by the winners from last year’s fashion show is beyond amazing. We can’t wait to do it again this year!”
– Cindy Levitt, Senior Vice President of Merchandising and Marketing at Hot Topic
The rules for the 2015 Her Universe Fashion Show are as follows:
- Designs must be fashions, not costumes, and can be “geek couture” or ready-to-wear outfits. 25 designers will be chosen to participate in the show.
- The chosen designers can wear their own fashions on stage or opt to use their own model for the runway.
- There are no tickets for this event. Entry will be first come-first served and admission is free with a San Diego Comic-Con 2015 badge.
For more information about the rules, submission entries, and the contest in general, visit http://www.heruniverse.com/fashionshowcontest.